This came to my life when I married into the Dearliest’s family. Also known as “Grannie’s Dip”, this simple but addicting substance has become a staple for holidays, sometimes birthdays, bbqs, and any other occasion where we can make an excuse for it. The downside to this recipe (aside from the calorie count) is that because it generally gets made for 20+ people, it makes a ton of dip. Quantities are estimated, but it really is open to adjustments to personal taste. We usually get the tubs of cream cheese and sour cream from Costco.
Chip N’ Dip
- 1 (Costco size) tub of cream cheese (3 pounds)
- 1/2 (Costco size) tub of sour cream
- 2-3 (2.5 oz) cans chopped black olives
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
Combine all in large bowl. For best consistency, use a mixer on low speed to thoroughly blend ingredients.
Serve with potato chips.
– The longer it sits, the more the garlic flavor permeates the dip.
– This is really good as a spread on sandwiches.
– I often get the 6 oz. cans of whole black olives (from Costco, yay!) and use the grater in my salad shooter on them. 2 cans of whole olives (chopped) is about equal to 3 of the little cans of chopped olives. I think. Mostly I just eyeball it all.