I have the very distinct impression that I fully intended to combine this post with another topic, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it is right now. So, for now, FINISHED!
More true to color:
This blanket is TR Approved. And Squeaky Approved.
There are so many mistakes in the quilt that I’m not going to even talk about them beyond the comment that some are more glaringly obvious than others. What started out as a “TR needs medium sized blankets! Let’s make some quick!” turned into a 3 month experiment and a much bigger learning experience. Go me. At least he’s got one blanket to show for it?
It took so long for several reasons. One, I wanted to use fabric I already had on hand. It took me a while to figure out a configuration that would work. Two, I didn’t have enough batting, so it took me a while to decide if I wanted to buy more or do something else (I ended up using a couple layers of cotton fabric because I had it and wanted to use it up anyway). Three, somewhere in here I started playing around more with embroidering words and names and thought “A-ha! Practice!” and that also (you can guess) took a while. With only an hour (at most) a day to use for projects involving needles, things just kinda went along like a snail doing the moonwalk.
I also finished my first project with some of the new yarn:
A quick crocheted scarf with a fun cluster pattern. It’s my second time working with fuzzy yarn, and it reminded me why I’m not a huge fan of working with fuzzy yarn. Make one mistake and ouch is it ever painful on the brain to pull out! Fortunately I only had to do that once, but I lost a little yarn in the process. Wah.
On to the next thing!