I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. I know I did, in spite of feeling incredibly tired through most of it. I made the official announcement already, but I’ll do a recap for my little corner of the internet: There will be another Fogling arriving next year! The beginning of July is the current estimate.
In the chaos of the holiday season, I found my camera! Then I lost it again. Then I found it again. Here’s the last picture I took from our mountain, shortly before we left it.
I have other pictures to share, but those will have to wait for another post.
A couple weeks ago I attended a Christmas party, and one of the games played involved writing down a little known fact about yourself. I thought about it way longer than I should have…surely there must be something interesting in my past? Alas, the only thing I could think of was “qualified 3rd in a DDR competition.” Quirky, but not something I generally share because…well, that was a really different time in my life.
Of course, over the next few days all kinds of little known facts flew randomly to mind, and I thought I’d share a few of them with you. But not all, since who knows when the game might appear in a party line up again. 😀
- I’ve met Tom Selleck. He’s way taller than he looks.
- I once sat in on a rehearsal for a small musical group which included a man who (at the time) was considered the greatest pianist in the world. He asked for a page turner, and I was the only one who volunteered.
- A musical piece I wrote was used in a video game.
- I’ve toured a nuclear submarine.
- I’ve kept an online journal/ blog since 2001.
- I STILL hate bananas and mushrooms.
- I learned fencing and archery in college.
So there you are!
Next up: Well, I should probably change out of my pajamas and get on with the day.