Today’s Craving: Deviled Eggs
I went off this recipe only I didn’t really measure, did everything to personal taste, and cooked way more than 6 eggs (not pictured).
1) Boil some eggs. I like the Alton Brown method of: submerge eggs in cold water, bring to rolling boil, then remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes. Then plunge into ice bath, or run through cold water, or whatever your preference is for stopping the cooking process. I never end up with green edges on the yolk with this method.
2) Slice in half lengthwise, spoon yolks into small bowl, and mash away. Mix in:
- mustard (I like about a 2:1 ratio of mayo:mustard)
- a few splashes of worcestershire sauce
- a couple drips of Frank’s buffalo sauce (next time I will actually try adding more…I was surprised how much I liked this addition)
- salt and pepper to taste
3) Fill your eggs. Piping is great for a neat, uniform presentation, but I was hungry. Spoon plopping works just as well.
4) Dust with paprika. Or cayenne for more kick!